Saturday 28 June 2014

comic book theory

Comic book theory
I have decided to write my own comic book series so a little research was needed to help me prepare for my journey, there are a lot of similarities between the books and webpages I have looked at mainly death and destruction in the origin story for example spidermans uncle ben was killed supermans planet blew up and of course batmans parents were killed.
These deaths started their stories using powers and gadgets to seek justice they have their own code of conduct which is basically do not kill of course these vary between the hundreds of comic book characters such as the punisher who has no problem with killing bad guys, his wife and son were killed so you can see a theme coming along.
Of course every hero has a villain or several and comic book legend stan lee has often said the villians can be more fun to write about than the hero sometimes these characters have a dark history of abuse or they are just plain power hungry this also varies between between villians sometimes they just have an obsession with destroying the hero.
Sometimes the heroes from different books team up together to beat a common foe for example secret wars a marvel story also you have the more famous groups such as the avengers and justice league and also the xmen.
Although these are basic fundamentals of comic book lore I have come up with a gameplan for my own comic which I thought I would share with you all I would like your opinions
Step one
Introduce one hero at a time and a villain as well start my world off slowly before adding new characters.
Step two
Come up with a bigger story involving new a bigger plot
Step three
A character that ties it all together I have two characters that can do this one is a normal police detective who stumbles across this secret world plus an android who watches and in some cases creates some heroes

These are simple steps which are basic my only problem is which of my characters I should use first so again thanks for checking out my blog and thanks for your support 

4 comments:

  1. I think you need a villain first to create the need for a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting i may try that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you really need to worry about where to start, just start, you can always move things around during the rewrite and edits. Will you be eventually be using me for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive got a writing program called celtix im gonna use but i can send you a couple of pages so you get the general idea

    ReplyDelete